I’ve been listening to my customers again. I know, I know, I should be reading sales training books and watching Boiler Room and whatnot, but what can I say, I’m a freak. I think customers (especially if they are still in business in this wild economy) are some of the smartest people I could be listening to. Here’s what they’ve told me lately:
Evidently I’m a freak because I:
- Listen to them. I don’t care if they buy from me or not, and they know it.
- Tell them what stuff does in such a way that they can get the most out of it.
- Hate being sold to also, and so I don’t speak sales talk to them. I ask what they want instead.
- Don’t make them wait. I make it easy to choose and easy to buy when they are ready.
- Always do what I said I was going to do. Sometimes I surprise them by doing a little more.
- Clean up the messes that others have made. I leave things better than I found them.
- Don’t make it about them, I make it about us. I help them see what’s possible together.
- Get to the point ..fast, and then I shut up.
Are you a freak too? If you’re numbers are down, try getting your freak on. Listen for how you can be a freak. Listen to what’s not being said also… Your customers will love you for it!